A mobile hotspot is the first thing that comes to mind when we don’t have an internet connection. However, the situation can be even worse if you use an iPhone as a personal hotspot. Users often report inconsistencies, errors, or even disabling iPhone hotspots. In this explanation, we will take a detailed look at eleven effective ways to fix disconnected iPhone hotspots on Android devices.
Ways To Fix Can’t Connect iPhone Hotspot On Android
Pair Both Smartphones Using Bluetooth Before Connecting to the Hotspot
An efficient way to connect your Android phone to an iPhone hotspot is to pair both devices via Bluetooth before activating Personal Hotspot (on your iPhone). Here’s how to pair an Android phone with an iPhone:
- Activate the Bluetooth service on both smartphones and find an available Android device to connect to the iPhone’s Bluetooth list.
2. Next, tap the name of your Android device and pair it with iPhone by tapping the Pair button on both devices.
3. You have successfully paired both devices via Bluetooth. You can enable the “Personal Hotspot” service on your iPhone to connect your Android phone to access the Internet.
Also Read: What is The Difference Between AdWords and DV360?
Disable/Re-Enable Cellular Data on iPhone
An unstable mobile data connection on your iPhone can sometimes cause problems when sharing your internet connection on your Android device. To resolve this issue, you will need to disable and re-enable cellular data service on your iPhone to restore a stable cellular data connection. You can do it like this:
- Open the Settings option on your iPhone, and tap mobile Data to configure it.
2. Then turn off the Mobile data switch to disable the mobile data service on your device.
3. Wait a few seconds and re-enable the Mobile data switch. Verify that the problem is resolved by accessing the Internet on the connected Android device.
Toggle on/off Personal Hotspot Manually
If you’re suddenly having trouble connecting your Android phone to your iPhone hotspot, it may be due to a current error or glitch related to Personal Hotspot. To resolve this issue, you can manually disable it and fix it using the Personal Hotspot service. Here is the procedure:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap Personal Hotspot to configure it.
2. Next, turn off the “Allow Others to Join” switch to disable the current hotspot service on your device.
3. Wait a few seconds and turn the iPhone hotspot back on by turning its switch back.
Enable Maximize Compatibility on iPhone 12 Series
The iPhone 12 series and above come pre-loaded with advanced network settings such as Maximizing Hotspot Compatibility, which ensures that your device’s hotspot can be detected and accessed by various devices to connect to the Internet. Here’s how to make this part of your iPhone:
- Open the settings option and tap Personal Hotspot.
2. Turn on hotspot service by tapping “Allow others to connect“.
3. Additionally, activate the “Maximize Compatibility” switch to adjust the enhanced settings for your iPhone hotspot.
Reset Network Settings
Sometimes a problem with your current network settings can prevent your Android device from connecting to the hotspot on your iPhone. To fix this, you need to reset the network settings on your iPhone and restore the Personal Hotspot service.
- Go to settings, and Tap on General on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and click “Transfer or Reset iPhone“
3. Next, Click the “Reset” button.
4. Click Reset Network Settings to also remove all existing network configurations from your iOS device.
Troubleshoot Android Wi-Fi connection problems
A problem with hotspot services doesn’t necessarily mean there’s a problem with your iPhone, but it could also mean incompatible or incorrect WiFi configurations on your Android device. To solve this problem and successfully connect your Android device to the iPhone hotspot, you need to solve the current WiFi settings on your Android phone.
Entering The Correct Password for Connecting to Hotspot
One of the most common reasons behind iPhone hotspot problems on Android devices is incorrect WiFi connection passwords. If you’re not sure about your hotspot password, here’s how you can find it on your iPhone.
- Click Settings, and tap on Personal Hotspot.
2. Tap on the “WiFi password” to view the “configured hotspot password”.
3. You can also “edit this password” to your preference.
Update the Carrier Settings
Your iPhone’s network operator also provides temporary updates to improve your existing network settings, especially if you’re moving to a new network or traveling to another location. In such a situation, you should check all network operator updates to improve your mobile data connection to share the internet with different devices. You can check this:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone, and click the “General” to view associated options.
2. Then tap on the About app and wait a few seconds to receive new network operator updates.
3. When prompted to update network carrier settings, click the install button.
Related Post: How to Delete Blank Page in Google Docs Resume
Update Your iPhone’s Latest iOS Version
There are often bugs and glitches in iOS that interfere with the basic functionality of the device, such as enabling the personal hotspot service. To solve this problem, you need to check your iPhone for updates and install it for the hotspot service to work properly.
Internet Access from iPhone Use Bluetooth Tethering
Let’s say you haven’t successfully connected your Android phone to an iPhone hotspot after trying all the above methods. In this case, you can use Bluetooth tethering to give your device access to the Internet. Here is the procedure:
- Pair your Android device and iPhone using the first method above.
- Next, tap on the connected iPhone in the Bluetooth list.
- Turn on the Internet access switch to access cellular data on your iPhone via Bluetooth tethering.
People Also Ask [FAQs]
Why isn’t there a hotspot option on my iPhone settings?
This setting is only in the iPhone 12 series. and above that support advanced network settings.
Why does my iPhone keep saying password incorrect?
To connect to an iPhone hotspot, you need to make sure that you are entering the correct password on your Android device. Follow the steps above to find your iPhone hotspot password.
Why is my iPhone hotspot not connecting to my Android phone?
You need to verify that your iPhone hotspot is set to be visible by enabling “Allow others to join” in the Personal Hotspot settings.
We hope you have learned how to fix your Android phone to iPhone hotspot connection issues using the above methods. If this extensive reading has helped you do the same, hit the like button and share it with your friends to avoid the unnecessary hassle of connecting to their iPhone hotspots.