Hello, do you want to know about “How to Create RollUp Summary Field in Salesforce?”. In this post we will discuss about how to create rollup summary field in salesforce, what is rollup summary field in salesforce, salesforce rollup summary field formula, salesforce rollup summary field formula.
What is Rollup Summary Field in Salesforce?
The Roll Up summary field is a read-only field that is used to calculate the number of child records, Minimum, Maximum records in a child object field. It is enabled for master in Master-Detail Relationship.
- The Roll-Up Summary means work on a child object.
- Roll up the child records and calculate the value of the parent record. The Rollup summary field cannot be found in the relation.
- Using an Apex Trigger, we can create a Rollup Summary field in a Lookup relationship.
In Salesforce.com, we can create four functions to work with the Rollup Summary field. They are
- Count – Number, Currency.
- Sum – Number, Currency.
- Minimum – Number, Currency, Date.
- Maximum – Number, Currency, Date.
How to Create Rollup Summary Field in Salesforce?
Here we create a field (Rollup Summary field) in the parent record (Pharma Product).
- Go to create Rollup Summary Field in Salesforce.
- Go Setup – Build – Create – Objects – Pharma Product – Custom Fields & relationships – New.
Select the data type as Roll-Up Summary as above. Now click on the Next button.
Enter the field label and field name as above and click Next.
Salesforce Roll-up Summary Field Formula
Displays a list of all child objects for a pharma product. If there is a child object related to the pharma product according to the Lookup relationship, it will not be listed here.
- Select Sample object as the Summarized object. Now select the Roll-Up type, and select the filter criteria.
- Select the field you want to aggregate. Click Next.
Here in this Salesforce tutorial, we will calculate the total number of samples. Click on Sum as above.
As mentioned above, we have successfully created the Rollup Summary field in Salesforce.
Now go to the “Pharma product” object, and click on any records.
As mentioned above, we have 4 sample records and the total number of samples is 150.
Here we clearly understood the how to create rollup summary field in salesforce, what is rollup summary field in salesforce, salesforce rollup summary field formula, salesforce rollup summary field formula. In our upcoming Salesforce tutorials, we’ll learn Field dependencies in Salesforce.com.
- Create a Formula Field in Salesforce
- how to create schema builder in salesforce
- Many to Many Relationship in Salesforce
- How to Create Lookup Relationship in Salesforce
- How to Create Master Detail relationship in Salesforce
- Salesforce Object Relationships Overview
- How to Create Custom Fields in Salesforce
- How to Create Custom Objects in Salesforce
- How to Create an APP in Salesforce
- Salesforce.com Application Hierarchy
- How to Login Salesforce
- What is Cloud Computing, Definition, Types, Example
- Difference Between ERP and CRM in Salesforce
- How to Create Validation Rules in Salesforce